We believe that Freedom is worthless without Responsibility. We can become a better person by seeking higher morals, by providing for your family, by training and improving your skills, and to assist others in times of need. In the Military, there is a term called RHIP. Rank Has Its Privileges. In the Alabama Militia, we have changed that from RHIP to RHIR. Rank Has Its Responsibilities.
We believe that sharing and teaching these values will strengthen our communities to survive any calamity.
We do have some rules for those that wish to join.
- You should be a citizen of the United States of America and be at least 17 years old, but we do allow younger members to attend with parents’ present in with the Prepsteaders.
- There is no upper age limit, and we will be happy to find (or make) a slot for anyone with physical disabilities.
- Since we train with live weapons, you must be legally allowed to own a firearm. If you have a felony conviction or domestic violence conviction, that would prevent you from participating unless the conviction was expunged.
- We will not accept anyone that is a member of any group that has anything to do with the overthrow of the government or a member or supporter of a terrorist organization. That includes the KKK, Black Panthers, AntiFa, ISIS, or other political groups that may fall under that description.
- If you are a member of another Militia Group, you must leave that group prior to applying with the Alabama Militia.
- We do not charge dues or membership fees so each member will be responsible for their own food, ammo, or other items needed for training.
- Most training is open to all. Some training is reserved for members only.
- You must attend 3 training events before you are an official member of the Alabama Militia.
- Turn in your membership paperwork. You must obtain a background check upon request. A Concealed Carry Weapons Permit may be required.
- We are not here to overthrow the government.
- No talk of illegal activities are tolerated.
- No racism will be tolerated.
- No alcohol or drugs are allowed at any Alabama Militia Training Function. Alcohol is allowed at family days/evenings. Drunken behavior will not be tolerated so please drink in moderation.
- Because of the way that media portrays the militia, you must obey the laws to a higher standard than “non-members”. What you do or say reflects upon other members of the Alabama Militia, but also militia members nationwide.
- All new members will be on a probationary period of up to one year.